Raising Our Voice
Support from government at every level is essential to meet the needs of Canadians affected by cystic fibrosis (CF). We are committed to advocating for policies and programs that help individuals with cystic fibrosis, their families, caregivers and health care professionals. We collaborate with government and healthcare professionals to provide the leadership and insight needed to revolutionize how we manage cystic fibrosis in Canada.
How We Take Action
Cystic Fibrosis Canada believes that working with government and legislators is a vital part of raising the voice of Canadians affected by cystic fibrosis. We do this by:
- Advocating for equitable and affordable access to medicines and treatments
- Advocating for the inclusion of cystic fibrosis in every provincial newborn screening program
- Increasing awareness of cystic fibrosis and Cystic Fibrosis Canada among government and legislators
- Empowering volunteer advocates in championing for improved access to CF care in local communities
- Engaging in public policy dialogue at the national and provincial levels
Why We Take Action
Our advocacy efforts are based on our organization’s strategic direction of influencing policy making and resource allocation through advocacy. We take action to:
- Secure equitable access to prescribed therapies (including drugs, devices and treatments) – e.g. by advocating for CF drugs to be listed on provincial formularies
- Make newborn screening for cystic fibrosis a universal standard of care in Canada – e.g. by calling on Health Ministers to include cystic fibrosis in their provincial newborn screening programs
- Improve the quality of life for people living with cystic fibrosis – e.g. by advocating for better care
Raise Your Voice
Cystic Fibrosis Canada gives a voice to all Canadians affected by cystic fibrosis at all levels of government. We call on you to join us to help bring change to access to CF therapies and newborn screening. Visit the Take Action Now to find out how you can raise your voice for Canadians with cystic fibrosis.
Sign up to receive news, updates and opportunities for action. You can help shape policies and programs that impact people affected by cystic fibrosis.